National City – 2700 East 4th Street
Paradise Village is a retirement community for residents 55 and older on a property adjacent to Paradise Valley Hospital. The development includes a total of 497 residential units for over 600 residents, including one building for assisted living residents and six buildings for independent living residents. The project also includes a Village Square building that includes amenities for the community residents, such as an Olympic-length pool, fitness center, credit union, 212-seat auditorium, beauty salon/barber shop, restaurants, offices, health clinic, chapel, library, concierge services, and other facilities. Other significant site improvements include several open space amenities for residents, including an 18-hole putting green, multiple fire pits and gazebos, shuffleboard courts, bocce ball courts, community gardens, and a village pond/detention basin.
The project site is on approximately twelve acres located between 4th and 8th Streets within National City. Surrounding uses include Paradise Valley Hospital to the west, a private school campus and single- and multi-family housing to the east, a single-family neighborhood to the north, and multi-family residential to the south.
- Approved by City Council – 12/19/2006
- By Generations Development, LLC
- Formerly owned Paradise Valley Hospital
- Donated land for project
- Owns 50% of Paradise Village
- Provided 100 temporary construction jobs and 120 permanent jobs
- Improve quality of life
- Provide access to gathering places
- Build the types of housing that people will want and be able to afford, including a mix of single-family homes, apartments, and townhomes
- Concentrate new housing into more compact types of development
- Ensure access to major community amenities