The South County Economic Development Council (South County EDC or SCEDC), a non-profit organization was formed in 1989 by a group of South San Diego County business and community leaders, to promote education and encourage economic development in the South San Diego County Region. Our member cities include Chula Vista, Coronado, Imperial Beach, National City, San Diego, San Diego County, and the Port of San Diego. Working with our partners in Baja, we promote bi-national economic development with the cities of Mexicali, Tijuana, Tecate, Rosarito, and Ensenada.
We provide these services to our region:
- Encourage private investment.
- Promote diversified residential and overall business development.
- Publicize the cultural, educational, social, and geographical opportunities of the area.
- Serve as an advocate for the area’s public and private interests.
- Promote understanding and nurture bi-national business growth.
We are working on an economic vision for the area and want to hear from you about the economic strategies our region should focus on in the next five years. Please join the conversation and take the survey for this year-long project.
See the Visioning Project’s Steering Committee member profiles by clicking on the pictures below.